The Women’s Resource Centre is not a crisis service. For crisis support, please call 000, or 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).
About the Women's Resource Centre
The Bega Women’s Resource Centre (WRC) was established by Southern Women’s Group in 1985 as a space for women to meet, share resources & skills and provide support to each other in a rural area where no services for women or children were available.
The WRC provides a range of services for women within the Bega Valley. These include:
- Assisting women in living safely and making informed choices
- Support, information, advocacy and referrals to women.
- Workshops for skill development, self-esteem enhancement, and promoting social inclusion for marginalized and vulnerable women.
- Food, sanitary and personal hygiene items, as well as free clothing and blankets to women and families in need.
- Direct practical assistance, including creating safety plans, applying for benefits or housing, and making victims support applications.
- Interim support for women who are on waitlists for services like homelessness or mental health support to prevent their situation from escalating to crisis while they wait for other services to become available
The WRC is funded through the NSW Department of Communities and Justice – Targeted Earlier Intervention program.
Objectives of the Women's Resource Centre
Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) Animated Explainer Video
We are excited to share our new Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) animated explainer video.
The animation aims to raise awareness of TEI and serve as a resource TEI service providers can use to engage with families and other organisations who would benefit from understanding the important services TEI can offer.
The animation is a clear and visually engaging resource that demonstrates the strength-based approach of TEI and the benefits that children, young people, families and communities can experience when they receive the support they need earlier, before their issues escalate. The animation ends with a link people can follow to find out more about TEI, or connect with local TEI services.
Visit Spotlight on Targeted Earlier Intervention to watch the animation in full and feel free to share with your networks.
Organisations who deliver TEI services are welcome to add a link to the animation to their websites. If you would like to use images from the animation on any promotional materials for TEI, please email us at TEI@facs.nsw.gov.au and we can send you vector files.
Share this video
As a volunteer run organisation, we’re always in need of volunteers from the community to help us offer services and support to local women.
If you’re interested in volunteering with Southern Women’s Group, please submit your details and we’ll get in touch with some more information.